November 24, 2017


Press Release; Formation of BEDFORD HISTORICAL SLAVE FOUNDATION

Bedford, VA (September 28, 2015); The Lowry Family of Bedford VA today announces the formation of the BEDFORD HISTORICAL SLAVE FOUNDATION, a Virginia non-stock corporation. The Foundation plans to create a repository of historic Bedford African-American culture that includes artifacts, family histories and an archive containing genealogical and genetic documentation.

After full renovation The Foundation will be housed at a former AME (African Methodist Episcopal) church that was donated by the Lynchburg District United Methodist Church. The church, located next to the County Court House at 212 Court St. Bedford VA. was founded around 1887.

The Foundation will function under the direction of the following board members;

Ann Duncan, Charles Lowry, David Lowry, Gaynelle Creasy, and Rev. Henry A. Henderson.



Facebook